Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of first grade..."the worst day of my life"

What a handsome guy Brooks is! H e was so excited to start school. He woke up at 6:30am, jumped in the shower, got dressed, and put his shoes on . He was ready for school by 7:00am. He was really excited to wear his Tony Hawk shirt. He is getting really picky about what is "cool." Luckily he has good taste! :)

Brooks is NOT too cool for school!

He picked out a Bakugan backpack and a light up Mario lunch box.


Brooks got to pick out what he wanted for breakfast and he picked out his favorite, cinnamon squares.

Dylan got to wear his new school clothes too. He is starting Mommy pre-school again.


I tried for quite a while to get a good picture of all of them...I failed! THis was the best one. ha!

THey look so much a like in this picture. My handsome boys!


I am so proud of Brooks. He is such a good reader already.

It's so much fun to look at these pictures and see how much Brooks looks like us. Brooks and Jake look so much  alike in this picture.


THis is outside of Mrs. Warburton's class.


Mrs. Warburton



THis was suppose to be such a great day of school for Brooks and turned into a very sad day for Brooks. He went to the cafeteria for lunch and sat by his friends. Someone blew the whistle and all the kids went running. Brooks didn't understand what was going on. So he was confused and somehow got lost. ( I don't quite understand what happened.) By the time he asked someone for help, recess was over. Then, to make things even worse, when school was over, the teacher just let the kids go. THey all went running everywhere and Brooks didn't know where to go to meet me. He was full of tears and had to ask someone for help. I was waiting outside with the kids where the teacher SAID they would be coming out. I knew something was wrong. So I went looking around for him when I finally found him and he was just sobbing. My heart broke! He kept saying to me yesterday that " this was the worst day of his life. I just wanted to go home!"
We went back in the school to talk to his teacher and went over where he is suppose to go after school. He was VERY nervous this morning that he was going to get lost today. He made sure that he said a  few prayers about it. I am just hoping today will be better. I am going to meet him after school so I can go over again where we are suppose to go to meet me.  I love you Brooks and you will do great today!

3 comments:

McFamily said...

Oh that breaks my heart! What a sad day, that's not how first days are suppose to be, hopefully it gets better!

Mom said...

Every day will get a little better. Brooks is such a smart kid! He'll be showing the TEACHER around the school before too long. (Sounds like she might need some help anyway)...G-r-r-r Mema might be old but don't mess with my grandkids!!

Rachael said...

Aaawwwwww! Poor guy. Fast way to learn though. Just consider this a learning experience ;)