Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mommy's little jobs

So most of you all know the side jobs that I do because of Facebook, but I don't think I have ever blogged about it.

 Once I found out I was having a little girl, my love for crafts came out. I had made a zillion hair bows before Ryann was even born. I would make a new hair bow to match every outfit and then had to make sure she had a matching bracelet. I have never bought a single hair bow. Every hair accessory that you see in Ryann's hair, I have made. Making hair bows became a fun hobby of mine. Then, some friends suggested that I sell hair bows at my Moms school and my Mother-in-laws school. So, I did. I made some good money. You learn to play around and create new bow styles. My friend Alexis always gives me new ideas. Then, I started making this really cute hair bow with a feather on it. Every time I would take Ryann out and she was wearing one of these feather bows, I would get comments on how cute they were. So,I decided make a bunch of them and went to my mother-in-laws school to sell them. I SOLD ONE! That is it! Now what was I going to do. I have a ton of hair bows and didn't know what to do with them. So I decided to go around to different boutiques and see if they were interested. I knew they were cute, but is anyone else going to think so. It turned out that Sassy Baby in Bountiful thought so.  So far, they have made 5 or  6 orders. They started small and now they are ordering 60 clips and 14 headbands around every 2 weeks.  It's pretty cool!
One of my many bow orders.







Then, my little sister Mary got me hooked on covering diaper wipe cases. They were so fun to make and so cute. Before I knew it, I had two orders and was requested to make some for the Festival of Trees. Here are a few that I have made.










*** If any of you are interested in making an order for hair bows or wipe cases, just send me a message. ***

3 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

You have the most creative ideas for bows and wipe cases. I know it stresses you out sometimes, but you are so darn good at it! Now you really have to set up an etsy shop.......

Amy Blue said...

Those are soooo cute!!! I will have to order a few from you really soon. Two of my sister in laws are expecting and they would LOVE those. I will talk to you soon. :)

Rachael said...

I had no idea you were so talented! you will have to send me a price list, as well as shipping and handling, I would LOVE to order some hair bows for my girls. Do I get the "friend" discount? Way to go, you are super talented, and I hope you continue to do well :)