Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brooks' first day of school! WAHOO!

Well, this was an important day for our Brookster! So we tried to make it as special as we could. It started out with Brooks' favorite breakfast, Daddy's omelets.
He got to pick out which new shirt he wanted to wear his first day of school. He chose his Tony Hawk Hawaiian shirt. Jakes mom laughed when we told her that because Jake wore a PINK Hawaiian shirt for the first day of Kindergarten and first grade.
We made this day special for Dylan too. It's his first day of pre-school with Mommy!
They love each other SO much!
A Proud Daddy!
A proud Mommy!Brooks got to pick whatever backpack he wanted for kindergarten. He picked this GI Joe backpack that lights up!
His teacher is Mrs. Kershaw.

Brooks really surprised me. He wasn't nervous at all. My mom was giving him a pep talk the day before about feeling a little shy. And Brooks response was," I'm not going to be shy, I already saw a picture of her." So there you go!

His teacher seems PERFECT for Brooks. She is very soft spoken and well organized. Brooks had fun coloring a picture. ( We got to meet the teacher and hear about her curriculum and then we took him home.) The only thing that worried me was that there was a little boy sitting next to Brooks that had scissors and was trying to cut Brooks hair. He was saying." Your hair is TOO long." snip, snip! Needless to say, I told Brooks to stay away from him! ha!

Dylan wanted to get in on the action and was taking pictures of Brooks as he was coloring. Then, he introduced himself to Mrs.Kershaw. She thought he was one of the students until I told her that he just wanted to meet his big brothers teacher.

Then, we took the boys out to Olive Garden! It was a fun day!

7 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe that he is that old. Both boys look so cute. Way to go Brooks.

Mary and Gary said...

Look how big that backpack is! I love Dylan's little backpack too. ha! Love the hawaiian shirt. Are you wearing a new shirt too? I can't wait to hear all of the school stories that Brooks will bring home!!!!!

Rachael said...

Hooray!! I hope he has a wonderful first day of school, and that you can appreciate the time with your other kids while he's gone ;-)

Denise said...

We had Mrs. Kershaw last year and loved her. He will love her too. He looks so big. Kindergarten is such a fun year. Good luck with everything.

The Bingham's said...

That is a big deal. Kindergarten is the best. Heidi had Mrs. Kershaw and LOVED her. She really is very soft spoken and keeps the kids on task. Have a great year Brooks!

Jen McGary said...

I love the comment about him not being nervous, so cute!

Terra Bingham said...

I am so glad that every thing went well for his first day. If Corbin and Brooks are getting older, does that mean we are getting older too? Well, at least you are younger than me.