Monday, March 2, 2009

Road Trip to Idaho

We took a road trip to Twin falls Idaho. My little sister Mary had her sweet little Hunter James on Saturday evening. So we stayed in a hotel and made a little vacation out of it. Brooks was SO excited. My kids LOVE staying in a hotel. That alone is a vacation for them. They had an indoor pool and an YUMMY continental breakfast. Brooks was so excited to go to Idaho that he had to tell everyone about it. He even answered the phone like this..."This is the Binghams and we are going to stay in a hotel and swim in an indoor pool." Thankfully it was Jake that called when Brooks answered. ha!


I laugh so hard every time I look at this first picture. We got in the hotel about midnight and Brooks was bouncing off of the wall with excitement...can you tell he is excited?






The kids had so much fun at the pool. It has been awhile since we have gone swimming .




Hunter was 8lbs 3 ounces and 22 inches long. He is such a good size baby. I know he is my nephew and you are suppose to think they are the cutest things ever...BUT HE REALLY IS! He is just perfect. Mary and Gary did such a great job!


Mary is such a trooper. They stayed in the hospital 24 hours and then came home. She was walking around like she didn't just have a baby. Jake kept saying,"Marys a tough chick." He is used to me and how I am a big baby after I have a baby. Ha! Mary IS one tough chick!


The kids always say the funniest things...here are a few. "Brooks, Marys water just broke and that means she is going to have her baby today." "How come she beat you mom?


"Brooks, Me-ma just called and Hunter was born." "YOU MEAN WE MISSED IT!"


Dylan, for some cute reason, calls Hunter, Honker. So he would pray that Honker would get strong like him.



WE LOVE YOU MARY, GARY, AND HUNTER!!!!

7 comments:

Amy Blue said...

AH! babys are sooo cute. I bet this made your boys even more excited for baby Ryann to get here. :) How fun for you guys!

Alexis said...

your family gets so lucky with the cute/tons of hair!

Denise said...

Looking at the pics I thought it was Jake's brother. In the two pics, Jake in one and your bro-in-law in the other, they kinda of look like bros. I love new babies. I bet it made you so much more excited for your little one. What fun!!!

Gary and Jenessa said...

How cute! I bet this made you excited to see your little angel! And the boys! Ha ha how cute are they! I love how excited Brooks looks in that first picture!

Jenica W said...

Congratulations to Mary and Gary. What a cute boy. That is so fun that you got to go on a mini family vacation.

Mary and Gary said...

Talk about one cute baby. I think I'll keep him. I loved having you guys up here. It really meant a lot. Honker loves you guys! (we do too!)

Chulitamaya said...

Congratulations on the new Nephew, he seems to be a big baby already!!! I love Twin Falls we went there twice last year and stayed at that same hotel both times, we love it, specially the breakfast. The pool is pretty big too.