Monday, November 8, 2010

Marinello competition

We had our first competition in school. I was put in a group with cosmetologist and esthetic students and me. One of the girls in the group had to be the model and everyone else was in charge of either makeup, hair, costume, and nails. I was in charge of nails of course.  We had to pick a Halloween character to do. This competition was a little intimidating since I had only been in school for 2 weeks and didn't even know how to do anything yet. But it was really fun.  We chose Edward Scissorhands.  We only had a week and a half to work on this. And since I didn't have my kit yet, I could not work on this at home. When it was school time, we were doing school stuff. So it was hard to find time to get this done. BUT I DID IT! ANd I won first place out of 11 groups. WOOT!!!



 I made the scissors out of acrylic. You have to build it up with acrylic. The other nails I put staples, screws, and nails  on them to give them a metallic look.

 Our model kind of freaked me out how much she looked like Edward Scissorhands.

I won first place for nails and our group won second place for makeup and second place for overall look.

 Edward Scissorhands transformation.





2 comments:

Mary and Gary said...

Super freaky! Every time I see that girl as Edward Scissor hands it freaks me out! Great job Anna! What a cool thing to have won! Maybe next year you can use your nails you made and be Edward Scissorhands! Ha!

McFamily said...

A little freaky! Congrats though that's awesome! Maybe I'll have you do me a set of Edward Scissorhands. . . um no!