Monday, February 23, 2009

Vegas Valentine Weekend

Jake and I decided to go out on one last vacation before Ryann is born . There was no way we could go to anywhere warm...which would have been ideal...but we decided to Vegas. Thanks to my mom, Jake's mom, and our good friend Alexis, we were able to go from Friday to Monday. So, I will show and tell you some of the fun things that we did there. Here I wanted to show you how big I am getting. I am 20 weeks here.

I am lucky enough to have a husband that likes the Phantom of the Opera. That is what we did for Valentines day. It was so awesome! The music, the special effects...I could go on and on. Jake got such great seats. We were on the 6th row. We were sooo close, which made the experience even better. Thanks Jake!



We stayed in the Venetian. This hotel was so nice. Our room had a king size bed, a huge bathroom, our own living area. We had three TVs. One in the bathroom, one in the bedroom, and one in the living room.
This was inside our hotel. It was nice to have a hotel that was not ALL casino. It looks like you are outside walking around, but you are really inside the hotel. They had gondola rides, shops, restaurants, and lots of fun stuff.
This is a funny picture. I wanted a caramel apple and this picture is suppose to give you an idea of how big the apple is. So I held it up to Jake's head. Look how cute he is! ha ha!
We were really lucky with the weather. It was suppose to rain the whole time we were there , but it was really nice. It only rained the day we came home.



DON'T WORRY MOM AND DAD AND JAKE'S MOM AND DAD! Nothing weird is going on here. Jake is at an oxygen bar. You sit there and breath flavored oxygen and get a nice back rub. The oxygen is suppose to help you relax and help with high blood pressure..which we all know, Jake would benefit from this. The guy said I could do it for free, but I passed. I thought it was a little strange. But I guess in smokey Vegas, you need all the smoke free oxygen you can get.

Of course we went to the Coke Factory. And who can resist taking a picture with the big, coke bear.

And I had a yummy cherry coke Icee.


Blue Man Group! It was so funny how many people thought they were taking a picture with a real person.


There are some really weird people in Vegas. Everyone is tring to make a buck! This guy did these robot sounds and could lean over SO far. Yeah, I didn't know he was going to pretend to kiss me. JAKE, TAKE THE PICTURE NOW! ha ha!

Did I mention there are some really weird people in Vegas.
We had a really good time. It was nice to get away for a few days. But by the end, we were grateful for our sheltered little Utah, and we really missed our boys.































7 comments:

Alexis said...

Yeah you posted! :) You look really cute in a beanie!

Rachael said...

You look terrific! I can't believe you are 20 weeks pregnant.

TravelMama said...

I'm not a big "play" person, but I did think Phantom in Vegas seemed pretty great when we were considering going. Would it be worth the money even for someone who doesn't like usually like plays a whole lot?

Gary and Jenessa said...

How fun! Me and Gary are going to Vegas in May and lookin at all your fun pictures makes me so excited! You look so stinking cute! I love your little belly!

Jess said...

You are freakin' cute Anna. Is Jake wearing satin pajamas in that apple picture? WOO HOO! hehehehe

Mary and Gary said...

Either that is one big apple, or jake has a small head.... :) Looks like you guys had fun! I like the picture of you guys in front of the waterfall. What is with that miniature president bush?? Is that a real person? Where is his body??

Chulitamaya said...

I love the pics, you always look good either pregnant or not pregnant. It all looks like a lot of fun. Dan really loves the Phantom of the Opera, he went to go see it at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC when he was 15. He wants to take me someday and he also loves the special effects. How fun to have a break in the middle of winter :)